Thursday, October 19, 2017

Some Recent Creations


This spring and summer I made a few quiet book pages to add to my niece's book.
First I did an eensy weensy spider page...

The spider and raindrops slide up and down the drain and the cloud folds down to reveal a sun.

Next I made a sock matching/laundry basket page...
The socks attach with velcro.

And finally, a woodlandish creature page



Each creature's home flips around (on magnets sewn into the felt) to "hide" the animal.
This was my favorite one to do :)

As summer approached, I started noticing painted rocks on Pinterest.
I thought it looked like a fun activity to do with the kids while they were out of school.
I gathered supplies and started experimenting.
 These were my first few attempts...

As I kept looking around on Pinterest I saw many examples of this type of art (dotilism) done on canvas.  These are mini canvases...canvi...I should have put my hand in the picture to compare size.
I think they are3-5 inches square.
I had a lot of fun with this and the kids each joined me temporarily...Matt the most...but none of them enjoyed it as much as I did.
This eventually led to the vision and creation of my Christmas ornament for the year.
I have never had my ornaments done before Fall...it's rather a good feeling :)
I will share them with you later.

Three years ago I gave Abby a bunch of fox flannel to make a quilt.
It took us a while but we finally finished it!
I taught her how to cut out the blocks and she did almost all of the sewing as well.
I went ahead and quilted and bound it.


This is the back

We are both very happy to have it finished and on her bed to cuddle up with!



1 comment: