Wednesday, July 31, 2024

May Odds and Ends Part 1

 The very beginning of May we went and picked Abby up from UVU

(She couldn't drive herself home since she had totaled her car in January)

It was full swing graduation so I had to force her to get out and get some pictures with a mascot that had no one else around ๐Ÿ˜‚


Before leaving town we stopped in to see cousin Joey at work at Crispy Cones.
These two did quite a bit together during the school year.
So grateful he came out from Tennessee and was a good buddy for Abs!  They were even living in the same complex :)


Flowers were super busy the second week of May as always since the school thinks it's a good idea to do Senior ball the same weekend as Mother's Day ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Close up of Matt and Anna's flowers

Some of my other favorites that I made...




This was my favorite Mother's day bouquet that I put together.  It was a small one but I ended up loving the combination of two tone pink carns, iris, hydrangea, rununcs (all some of my favorite flowers) etc.  We ran out of the yellow solidego or else I would have put a bunch more in there to tie in to the iris.


Laura had us grab some leftover flowers to take and make bouquets for ourselves.
I just grabbed a few of my favorites...pink and white mini gerb, sunset colored rununc, similar colored carns, bells of ireland and I always love some cute little ying yangs that pop!

While we had everyone at home for a couple of weeks we decided to go to the Layton temple open house.
It was a great experience even though Ben was a bit of a handful :)



Another thing that always happens on Mother's Day weekend is Vintage Market Days!
Since Abs was in town I made sure to tell Laura I wouldn't be available one of the days that week so Abby and I could go together.  She had never been and wanted to.  T was also able to meet up with us for a while!
I took pictures of all the things I loved but wasn't sure about buying so that at the end I could remember and go back for the things I couldn't live without.
These are a couple of the colored glass pieces I ended up purchasing.


I took a picture of the peach cherry blossom pitcher on the right and then ended up just buying it right then because I loved it so much.  A little bit later I found a perfectly matched dish that fit underneath that I couldn't pass up!
You can't tell because of the red background but the square cake stand in the left picture  (upper middle) is a beautiful purple.  I bought it after contemplating the more rare (and expensive) black stand to the right.

We three gals had a great time!
(I think Mom would have joined us had she not been in Oregon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment