Saturday, May 25, 2024

March Odds and Ends

Ben was invited to the reception of one of his aides, Amanda, after her wedding.
I took him even though I hesitated.  I'm so glad I did...he was so warmly received and welcomed by so many friends that were there.


I tried to get a good picture of Ben and the bride but he was so intent on showing his cars and his shirt and shoes that it was pretty difficult :)





Even though I had planned on saying hello and then leaving, Ben spied popcorn as one of the food offerings so Mayson, his teacher, encouraged him to sit down while I went and got some for him.
He made himself at home and enjoyed taking refreshment with his fans :)

There had been a big snowstorm that morning and that had added to my hesitancy to go to the reception.  I also needed to run an errand and I was not in the habit of taking Ben into stores with me.
It could not be helped this time though so I took him into Seagull Book with me.  He was immediately drawn to the many pictures of the Savior :)



Some of my favorite dance flowers for girls' choice...




One of my workout friends was turning 60...another one of the friends wanted to throw a party for her with the theme of "Around the World in 60 Years" since she is such a world traveler :)
I was asked if I would be able to make cookies for the ocassion.






Love these ladies!

Matt participated with some of his buddies in the school talent show.
They formed a boys band and sang "She Don't Know She's Beautiful".
It was super fun!
I wasn't able to get too close since Ben was in the audience and I was worried if he saw me it would be a problem so I kept behind where his class was sitting.
I wish these pictures weren't so washed out and blurry!







The Sunday of St Patrick's Day, Mom prepared a gold coin hunt.
Here are the goofy guys preparing themselves :)

Ben's new "watching out the window" stance.
I believe T had just left and he was looking after her.

Kayla asked Matt to Spring Fling...

Ben made sure he was a part of the flower exchanging...

          







Matt ran for Exec. Council
This was from his presentation to the school.
He did a fantastic job with his interview but sadly, didn't make it.
He was told by a friend that it was by a mere few votes.
However, a couple of weeks later, he interviewed for Theater Presidency and was granted the position of Secretary.  He is super excited about this opportunity and thinks it may bee a good thing he didn't make Exec so that he could have this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment