Saturday, May 25, 2024

The Music Man

Matt played the part of Charlie Cowell in The Music Man.
Not his first choice of characters but he ended up enjoying the role I believe.
He did an incredible job!  I am amazed at how he is able to memorize all the lines.  This was a role with a lot of energy...and yelling :)  But he did it very well and believably.
Cute, little Logan Christensen, our next door neighbor, played Winthrop for two of the five performances.
He was adorable and it was so fun to have these two good pals on stage together :)
Ever since Logan was old enough, he followed his older brother Gavin over to our house to ask if Matt could play.  Eventually, Gavin and Logan turned into just Logan (and sometimes little Emma :)
They have played outside, traded Pokemon cards and played video games together among other things.  Amy and Chase have always expressed their gratitude for Matt and his attention to their kids.  They love having him over in their home.  It's a fun little friendship :)




Benji Gilbert played Mayor Shin and did great job!

The Clarks are always so supportive!



Abby was able to come up for the weekend!





Lots of support from both sides of the family!

Along with the Christensen kids (Logan and Lauren),  Eleanor Young was also one of the town children.

Of course the Uncles and Aunt came to see the show!







A cute interaction between Logan and Matt.
I tried to delete one or two of these but Logan's face is just so fun






Matt was also part of the ensemble.

Trickle, trickle!  The pick a little ladies have always been a favorite of mine :)  And Emily Baer (bottom right) from our ward did an exceptional job as one of them.


I took it into my head to do cookies for everyone involved in the show.
I thoroughly enjoyed designing them and then did my best to execute those designs.

Some of them turned out...








...and others did not :(
I was so disappointed when I saw these hats had bled so badly!


In total, I made about 150 cookies that I was able to give.  Between the cast, the orchestra, the stage crew and directors etc, it was a big group!  Additionally, there were about another 40 that didn't work or were my test cookies. 

All boxed up and ready to be delivered!
Matt took them to hand out at the lunch in between the two Saturday performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment