Monday, October 7, 2024

Family Time


Three weeks into July we drove to Idaho Falls and attended the Andrus' sacrament meeting to hear Ty speak before he left on his mission.  (We were grateful it was a weekend that Josh could join us)
Ty did a great job and we enjoyed some family time afterward.


Ben was busy and happy throwing balls and lining up his Mater and McQueen.



After a while we decided it was time to be on our way.


Andy and I took Ben into the house to change his diaper before we left.  As soon as we got him on the floor or Jenny and Mike's bedroom he went into a seizure.  When it was over,  we went ahead and changed his diaper and then I carried him to the car.  He was still very out of it but as I buckled him in he started coming around and I could tell something  was off.  He was very pale and almost in tears.  When I went to close the door he whimpered and reached for me.  I stayed close and became convinced that he was in pain.  After getting everyone else in the car we left.  Driving down the road and talking to Andy about it I decided we needed to turn around and ask Jenny for some pain meds for Ben.  I knew something  was  wrong but had no idea what!  I  just worried about him sitting in the  car for 2.5 hours as we drove home without knowing what was  going on.
After getting some meds in him  I was still worried but at least I felt like I had done what I could for the time being.
I think we drove home briefly to drop some things off and pick some things up before driving out to the dome for dinner.  We left Ben in the car with a rotating companion while we did what was needed and then went to Young Ward.  Andy carried a sad Ben in and laid him on the couch.  He didn't try and move all evening and any time we tried to move him he cried (which is so uncharacteristic of him).  He was just not himself...very still and quiet.  We decided to call Rob Malan (our neighbor, friend and physical therapist).  He said he would be happy to come out to the dome to take a look or he could come over once we got home.  I didn't want to inconvenience him so we said we would let him know when we got home.  Well, when it was time to get in the car, Ben was in such bad pain that we felt bad moving him so we ended up asking Rob if he could come out to the dome.  He very kindly came and checked him out.  He couldn't feel anything broken or out of place so he thought it was something muscular.  He said we could take him in to the ER that night and get X rays or wait until the next morning and see if he was still in pain.  We decided to wait.  Rob suggested a priesthood blessing and then he helped us, as carefully as possible, load Ben into the car.
We got him home and into bed trying to move him the least amount necessary.
He was in and out of sleep throughout the night.

To Be Continued...




No comments:

Post a Comment