Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kid Happenings

The kids have been up to a lot lately.  
I have a ton of pictures to share so beware :)

First off, I promised pictures of tennis lessons.
The kids loved tennis.
They had two great girls for their teachers and they looked forward to going each day.








I love their stances in some of these pictures...and the determined look on their faces.



Ben and I had fun on the playground each day as I tried to keep my eye on him as well as on the court.

My quick Thank You for the teachers



Now we need to get them out to really play sometime.  We'll need to squeeze it in sometime...in between Josh's other foot surgery, initiating the keto diet with Ben at Primary Children's and going to Minnesota for the Dravet Conference :)

Next up is Josh's pop bottle rocket launch with the scouts.






Josh chose the design and he and Andy had a fun time putting it together.  Andy was clever and used colored duct tape which made it super fast and easy to decorate.
Josh won the award for the most original design which was funny since our next door neighbor's looked almost exactly like Josh's :)

Andy finally, tonight we had Abby's Hula Recital.
I don't know if I've mentioned on the blog before that Abby takes Hula lessons from a cute Hawaiian woman in our ward. 
This is her third year and she continues to enjoy it.

Abby and a friend before the performance.








Abby is so fun to watch.  She really gets into it and sings along with the music.
Her first number was "My Yellow Ginger Lei"

The second one she was in used Kala'au Sticks (don't ask me how to say that :)






Love the expressions!


Singing a farewell song.


This has been so fun for Abby.  I love it because early on I decided I would like to introduce Abby to a lot of different cultural dance styles instead of going the traditional dance route.  (I think it would be so fun if she ever wanted to do Irish dancing...except that I'm pretty sure it would be a lot more intense). This has been an excellent beginning...it's very inexpensive and very close by which are two huge pluses for me.  I don't know how many more years she will want to take lessons but I'll support her in it as long as she wants to be a part of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the kids playing tennis. I'm glad they got to take those lessons in the midst of a very busy summer. Will the kids miss the lessons as much as Ben will miss the playground? : )
    Josh does seem pretty proud of his rocket! Did it fly well?
    Abby is in her element up there performing. So cute--it was very fun to see. I love that she sings along. Has it really been 3 years? Well, I hope she continues to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom.
    I'm glad that we got the tennis in too even if it was only for two weeks. Honestly though, I don't think I could have handled it much longer anyway.
    Josh's rocket did okay...somewhere in the middle. He was pretty proud of it though.
    I know, I couldn't believe it when I figured that it had been three years of Hula. I thought it had only been two. But she started right as she turned five.

    ReplyDelete