Remember this? (scroll down)
It took me a while but I am so happy its done.
All the fabric used in this quilt, except for the blue back and the beige strips in between the rows, were left overs from all my banners that I made for my Dravet Syndrome Research fund raiser
I had a few strips left over so I put them on the back.
Here is some of my quilting.
This was a big deal for me...only my second big quilt that I've quilted.
I think it really helped that I did it in rows so I knew exactly where I was going.
I used a stencil for some of the rows...
and free handed others...
I'm finding that I really like doing scrappy bindings.
I still had a lot of 4" squares left over after making the quilt so I decided to put them to good use.
It now resides on my bed in Ben's room.
There's such a feeling of accomplishment when I pull it up over myself to snuggle in at night :)
Slowly but surely I'm starting to feel like I can call myself a quilter :)