Thursday, November 22, 2012

Many Thanks!


A few weeks ago Andy presented this tree (minus the leaves) to us for Family Home Evening.
Each night since then we have all tried to write something we were thankful for that day on a leaf and tape it up...some were more liberal with their tape than others (see leaves in the middle of the trunk).
It was a fun activity.
I thought it would be fun to show you some of my favorites...





I ordered a seizure monitor for Ben's bed (thanks to my Grandma) and I found that it was on sale due to November being Epilepsy awareness month...this saved us over a hundred dollars.





A sure sign that Christmas is here...driving down Main street and seeing this happening was one of those moments where you realize just how close Christmas is and panic just a bit because you don't feel prepared.

My Thanksgiving Day started off with a 5K to benefit the victims of the Hurricane.
I was so surprised to see a gaggle of my cousins there as well.  (So I know a gaggle refers to geese but a group of turkeys is called a rafter and it just didn't sound as fun...not that my cousins are turkeys, I just wanted to stay in keeping with the holiday.)




 
My cousin Clay and his adorable first born, Navy.

Then, for our Thanksgiving meal we drove down to Farmington to my aunt's house.






My cousin Zane played his sax for us.



Ben borrowed a little sweater from my aunt since his mom wasn't smart enough to bring one :)  The kids played outside for quite a while and Ben didn't want to come in.  Love the belly bud!















Looks like apple pie doesn't it?  Guess again.  It's my mom's famous pear pie.  YUM!

My Grandpa Olsen's sax that he played in high school.  Grandpa passed away in 2007.

It's impossible to see this and not touch it :)  Isn't it nifty?





Zane also plays the drums (and the clarinet) and he was kind enough to let my family try their hands at his set.

My husband impressed us all with a hidden talent!


Jo and his hidden talent :)





We had a lovely time.

Once we got home it wasn't long before we started taking down Thanksgiving decor and putting up Christmas.  We arranged the village that my friend gave me on top of the piano.  Then after the kids went to bed I pulled out all the tubs full of stuff and they are sitting downstairs ready for the morning. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
(I have been sitting here for probably 15 minutes now trying to think of a good closing sentence and falling asleep at the same time...so I'm just going to sign off...without a good closing sentence.)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a closing sentence is the hardest part--and I've fallen asleep over it many a time!
    Love the recap of the day. I knew you had gone running this morning, but I didn't know it was an official 5K to benefit Sandy victims. Good job. Fun to see so many cousins (a gaggle seems to fit). Didn't know Mandy was in town, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I'd been there to see that drum performance, what a great day it was! I love the Thanksgiving tree idea, I'm going to do that with my family someday.

    ReplyDelete