Monday, September 16, 2013

Time Out for Me!

This weekend (Fri. night and Sat.) I was blessed to be able to attend TOFW...Time Out for Women...a weekend full of spiritual speakers and musicians of the LDS faith.

I went with a good friend and her daughter (since this year they started doing a TOFG {time out for girls} next door).

We heard wonderful speakers such as Sherri Dew, Mary Ellen Edmunds, Brad Wilcox, Sandra Turley, Kris Belcher and Jennifer Brinkerhoff Platt.
Hillary Weeks and the new Hudson Lights performed too.

 This is Sherri Dew and Hudson Lights.  Our seats weren't the best :)

It was amazing!
Along with all the laughing and crying, the spirit really spoke to my soul and I have a desire to do better.
One of the things I decided I really need to improve upon is my ability to ponder.  My mind wanders much too easily and whenever I try to just think I end up on the other side of the world.  I need to be deliberate with my pondering.
I gained some wonderful insights into my own life and what I need to be doing right now.

This picture makes me smile :)
 Hillary Weeks performed a song about Dancing in the Rain.
Well, this weekend was rather rainy and so many women had umbrellas with them.  During the song, one brave, yet clever lady opened up her umbrella and started swaying and bobbing it in the air to the music.  It didn't take long before many others popped up and soon there was a sea of dancing umbrellas.  It was a fun moment :)

The event was held at the university and while in line to participate in the service project I saw a display of pictures from Holland...I guess Holland has kind of become a thing for me now since this post, so I had to snap a few pictures.


 What a good time!  Again, my sweet husband was so willing to let me go and refill my bucket.
I think he understands how important that can be for me.
Now, I just need to implement what I have learned and think "Higher"!

2 comments:

  1. So very, very, very glad for you!!! I will pray for you to filled daily with His Spirit and you will soar higher!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are able to take advantage of these opportunities, Aimee. Sounds like good food for the soul!

    ReplyDelete