Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Well hello!

Hi, I'm Aimee...
                                             This is my family!  Aren't they cute?

  I don't know why but this first post has been hard for me.  I don't know what to talk about for this first one but I decided I just needed to jump right in and do it or else it would never happen.  
I've already mentioned on my profile why I am starting a blog but maybe I'll just do it here too.  

1.  I have felt like I should add my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the many already online.  Our leaders have mentioned that this is an appropriate place to share our beliefs.  
2.  I also need to start documenting my life better.  I have been a poor example to my family of journaling.  Luckily, my amazing husband has picked it up as a habit for the last two years and I am so proud of him.  Hopefully a blog will be a good way for me to keep a history now too.
3.  I am a crafter.  I have been taking pictures each time I finish a project for a while now, but then they just sit there.  I would love to share them.  Granted, most of my ideas are not original.  Usually I find a tutorial online that I use.  With my new addiction to Pinterest, I am a believer that there will never be a shortage of inspiration.
4.  Last but not least, I have a desire to raise awareness of Dravet Syndrome.  My son has had seizures since he was 5 1/2 months old.  After a year and a half of not knowing and searching for answers, we finally received a diagnosis this summer of Dravet Syndrome.  Not a great prognosis but at least we know.  It was so helpful to me to read blogs of other mothers with children with Dravet Syndrome while I was coping with this new found knowledge.  I would like to do the same for others.  Also, the word needs to get out.  A lot of these kids are diagnosed much later than necessary because of ignorance.  Hopefully one step at a time we can raise awareness and have earlier diagnoses.   You can read more about our experience with Ben here.

 I figured the new year would be a good time to start this blogging adventure.  So here I go!

p.s. Hopefully I can figure out how to get a cute blog design going soon too.  Little by little...

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Aimee! Great blog name, too.
    Haven't seen that family pic. Is that one Jo took?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, you and your family are an inspiration. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Aimee! I'm so excited to see your blog up and running! And we are so honored to be featured amongst your first posts. :-) We love you and your whole family!

    ReplyDelete