Thursday, January 26, 2012

what's been going on in my craft corner and a bit of inspiration

Okay...so that's a long title. 
If you haven't already been able to tell from previous posts, I struggle with my titles.  I hope I can increase in cleverness as I continue...we'll see.

I have a very dear friend who was coming up on a birthday.  I was struggling with what to make.  Finally I just asked her what she wanted out of the things I was contemplating.  She told me and I was off and running.
I had bought a pattern for a thread catcher quite a while ago.  I've never been good at following
a pattern though and so never had the courage to give it a try.  I guess I was feeling a bit more confident when I offered it to my friend as an option.  I'm so glad I did.  It was a super easy pattern and I was thoroughly satisfied with how it turned out.  I hope she was too.



As for the little bit of inspiration...
In my Book of Mormon study the other day I came across a verse that I have loved for a long time.  
1 Nephi 16:16
I'ts quite a simple verse talking about Nephi and his family following the directions of the Liahona...
"And we did follow the directions of the ball, which led us in the more fertile parts of the wilderness."
I love what it implies...that if we are righteous and do all we can to follow the Lord, He will lead us in fertile paths...not that we won't have any trials and not that life won't be hard but He will be a lamp unto our feet and our eyes will be opened to how fertile the path we have trod has become as we grow from our experiences, no matter how dark they may seem at the time.
I tried to find a picture online that depicted what was in my mind when I read this.

Here's one...

and another...
and another.
Thank you Google Images.

2 comments:

  1. The thread catcher turned out so cute!
    Gorgeous "fertile wilderness" images. Makes me forget that it is winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images make me want a vacation!

    ReplyDelete