Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Purple Day with a special FHE

So yesterday was Purple Day...or in other words Epilepsy Awareness Day.
I wore my purple.


I forgot to remind my family about it so the only other two people in my home that own purple wore it today instead.
Next year I'm going to make it bigger at our house...I'm thinking purple food :)...maybe I'll spray Abby's hair purple (probably not:)
Anyway...we need to be a voice.

Last night we had a special Family Home Evening.
Andy and I met 10 1/2 years ago at a church building up on campus.  That building is kind of old and going to be torn down soon.  That inspired us to go and show our kids our history before it was gone.  We drove around the valley and went to special spots from our courtship.  It was fun for me and Andy...I hope the kids had fun too.  


 First met in the doorway of a little room at "The Toaster".


First held hands at the Institute.

While at the Institute we took the kids to see Great Grandpa Kidd's picture as the director of the Institute.


First kiss...again in a (different) doorway at "The Toaster"
I was about to go into the chapel and practice the organ (I was taking an organ class at the time).
Andy met me there and I ended up never practicing the organ that day.

I wish I would have thought to do the outdoor places first so they weren't in the dark...oh well.

A bench at Pioneer Park overlooking the valley.
I should have had Andy get down on BOTH knees like he did 10 years ago for this picture but it had rained that evening and so the ground was pretty wet.  Didn't want to give him wet knees :)
I should add that this spot was especially significant since Andy proposed on March 27th 2002 (10 years ago today).


Married in the Logan LDS Temple.

Thanks kids for taking the pics.
  It was a fun trip down memory lane.

3 comments:

  1. This was so fun! What a clever idea. I am so glad you did it. Good to get the photos before the "toaster" was torn down. Looks like the kids enjoyed it, too.
    I want to be more on top of Epilepsy Awareness Day next year, too. Help me remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so cute! :D I should make my parents do this for FHE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee...oh my! Such a cute post! I absolutely love it! I'll have to do this with Mike and my kids! And did Ben get his new face mask on his helmet? Looks very "sporty" and cool! And P.S. you'll have to show me how to insert clickable links in your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete