Monday, November 9, 2015

Fall Piano Recital

I decided a year ago that the kids needed a piano teacher other than me.
We found a cute college student that lived around the corner and was very reasonably priced.
That worked out great for about 7 months before she moved away.
I was on the search again.  I realized I would most likely need to break down and pay a lot more money and face the fact that I would need to drive them to lessons somewhere.
Once I accepted these things, I easily chose a teacher that was highly recommended.  Luckily, she was able to take them on in the summer but wasn't sure she would have room once school started.  
Gratefully, she had some spots open up and we've been able to continue with her.
They had their first recital with her last month...

Matt played a duet of Favorite Things with her (I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the two of them together).


Abby played a song called Star and Wind.


And Josh played a sonatina duet.


They all did such a fabulous job!
Andy and I have both noticed how far they've come in just a few, short months.
They've all had to up their game quite a bit...it's not been easy, but it's been good for them :)

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with their piano skills. They each played with polish and feeling. I'm glad you found a teacher that can continue on with them.

    ReplyDelete