Monday, August 8, 2016

Christmas in July

So I know it's not July anymore but I got these two quilted last month and I really wanted to use that title so there ya go.

This is a little look alike that I promised myself I would make after giving its twin to a friend last Christmas.  I loved the fabrics so I needed one for me!




And this one I am calling "Christmas Carol".
All the fabric (except for the back) is from the sweet woman that gave me her quilting machine last year.  Carol shared quite a bit of her stash with my mom before she died and Mom generously shared it with me and my sister.


The pattern I quilted is kind of hard to see but I wanted it to be somewhat snowflakish looking so I traced a circle in the middle of each block.  For the first few I free handed with my blue marker before I quilted.  After 3 or 4 like that I was able to just quilt the pattern without any markings besides the circle.




I'm happy to have these two done.  I've been planning them ever since last Christmas :)

1 comment:

  1. Two beautiful finishes, Aimee. Glad I got to see them in person.
    You are really doing well. The quilting is impressive.
    I like the name Christmas Carol. It will be one year next week since Carole passed.

    ReplyDelete