Thursday, November 9, 2017

Gratitude Quilt and a Gift

For my birthday I had asked my mom for some favorite fabric that I had fallen in love with.
This is Jo Morton's "Gratitude" line.

I just think it's yummy!
Anyway, she was kind enough to gift me a big bundle of fat 1/8ths.
I didn't waste too much time figuring out what I wanted to do with them.
I knew I wanted to make a quilt for our living room and I wanted it fast since the fall season was approaching so I found an easy pattern and whipped it out.


I just love how it turned out!
I'm not great with overall patterns while quilting but I felt like that is what this one needed.
I always feel like I back myself into a corner and don't have a way of getting out.
It was a good challenge for me though and I like the paisley/swirl effect.



I have absolutely amazing neighbors!

One day, while visiting, I noticed my friend had a beautiful, new quilt ladder in her living room.
I learned her husband had made it.
I commented on how much I loved it and he offered to make one for me!
After assuring me it was not a big deal and he could do it quite easily I told them that would be lovely.  Not long after, it arrived on my doorstep :)  They left it unfinished so I could choose whatever color I wanted.
I ended up going with kind of a chalky gray.
I am so thrilled with it and can't thank my neighbors enough!

1 comment:

  1. It is a beautiful quilt, and I think your quilting looks really good!
    Love Ben posing with the ipad and ladder. :)
    I have a guess as to who made the ladder, but wonder if I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete