Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mother's Day Magnets

The top left magnet about correcting grammar has a small story behind it...
My maternal grandmother has always been a stickler for proper english.
When she reads books that have poor grammar, she will mark it...
I can always tell when Grandma has borrowed a book from my mom before I have :)
Anyway, it has always been somewhat of a joke in the family.
I had seen the t-shirts on pinterest and zulily and such that say "I am silently correcting your grammar".  Months ago I told my grandma about these shirts and how I thought she should have one.  She's not big on t-shirts though so I decided I would find a way to get that saying into her home since it fit her so well.
Finally, I found some fun little hexagonal wooden tiles and made magnets out of them.  I searched for some other cute sayings to fit her, my mom's and my sister's personalities and gifted them for Mother's Day. 





Also, here are my cute boys bringing me breakfast on Mother's Day.
Apparently, Matt did most of the work...look at that grin :)
He said he made the french toast sticks and pancake to look like bacon and eggs...down to the bowl of syrup on top of the pancake posing as the egg yolk :)
Bless him!

1 comment:

  1. I get a kick out of my magnets every time I look at them.
    Love that shot of the guys bringing you breakfast!

    ReplyDelete