Thursday, June 14, 2018

Sports With Matt

Once again, I am woefully behind on my little blog here.
I'm going to try and catch up on the last three months in the next couple of weeks so I can breathe easy again as it has a tendency to linger in the back of my mind when I have some catching up to do.

Sometime in the spring (I can't remember when), Matt's class had an ice skating field trip that I volunteered to help out with...


Matt loved it and was whizzing around all over the place!
I was a bit more hesitant since I had sprained my wrist earlier in the winter and didn't want to re-injure it.


At one point as I was making my way around the rink I realized I couldn't see Matt anywhere and started looking for him.  Before long I spotted a group of people surrounding someone down on the ice and I instinctively knew it would be my fearless Matt.
Sure enough, he had fallen hard and hurt his knee.  We sat out for a few minutes and then he wanted to get back out on the ice.  After just a minute or two though he was in too much pain so we went and took his skates off to rest.

We wondered if it needed to be looked at by a doctor but decided to wait and see.
It ended up being tender for a bit but healed up nicely.
Matt's been begging to go back ever since!
I think it might be a nice summer activity :)


Matt has also been involved in his semi competitive soccer team this spring...








Matt decided a while ago that this would be his last year of soccer.
He wants to take a break and maybe move on to a different sport.
He's thinking football...yikes!



1 comment:

  1. Maybe ice hockey! Oh, bite my tongue. :)
    Whatever sport he finally decides upon, I'm sure he will do well.

    ReplyDelete