Sunday, July 15, 2018

4th of July 2018

On the 3rd Andy took the older three to the roof of the Institute (where he works) to see the fireworks at the stadium not too far away.



The Aggie "A" in the background.

Just further proof that Josh was actually there since you can barely see him in the pictures above...
This is the backdrop for the faculty photos that is at the bottom of the stairs that go to the roof :)

The afternoon of the 4th I let Ben get in a little pool I bought for him.  He just loves the water!
He was wearing a swimming suit but it was falling off so...it's a good thing he still wears a swimmer underneath.


We had an impromptu bbq with my family that evening


Abby's in the 'I don't want to be in pictures phase'...I guess I can't blame her...I went through the same thing.




A friendly game of Kubb...






and Spike Ball







Sparklers...





Ben snuggled in and fell asleep on my lap...

...he even slept through the massive display of neighborhood fireworks that went on for about 45 minutes.  We seriously had 3-4 different displays going on all around us.  My brother James was impressed :)






James had fun music playing for us as the fireworks went off.

We also had a really good conversation as he is at a crossroads in his life and wondering where it will take him.




As the explosives were winding down the kids wanted to do s'mores so Andy got a fire going...

It was a pleasant evening...one of reflection and peace...where most things seem right with the world.  Haha!  That sounds pretty sappy but it really was a nice night :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the evening went way beyond when we left. We had a good time while we were there. Thanks for hosting us.

    ReplyDelete