Thursday, July 12, 2018

A Very Special Dinner (Jo & T Part 1)

I think I've expressed before how I don't enjoy the typing part of this blog because I don't feel talented at putting words together.
Sometimes words are necessary so I do my best at those times but I much prefer to let the pictures do the talking.  So, once again, I will do my best...

Jo and T had asked me if I wanted to help put together their friends/family dinner the night before their wedding.  I was excited to help plan.
I had a vision in my mind of what I hoped I could make it look like and I feel pretty good about the outcome.

They had chosen to do it in the gym of our good old Young Ward church building...

We (Dad was very helpful) strung cafe lights and paper lanterns across and around the gym.





I also made a couple of big signs on butcher paper decorated with poppies.






Once it was all lit up it looked really fun!



We had a better turn out than I had anticipated...somewhere around 50.
Costa Vida catered...


We had some introductions and then ate...









...after which, James, our DJ, took over the program.
He spoke for a bit and then some of the other groomsmen and bridesmaids took turns.






Jo then took a moment to express his love for his bride to be.  It was very sweet.


Afterward there was much mingling and rejoicing :)


Fathers of the Bride and Groom...









Clean up...
Everyone was very helpful in pulling this all together and taking it all apart when it was over.


























It was a pleasant evening.  So fun to meet the rest of T's family and friends and celebrate the upcoming union of two wonderful people!

1 comment:

  1. You did an amazing job, Aimee, and it was a wonderful evening.
    p.s. I do have a photo of the posters hanging for the shower. I think I sent it out on Hangouts afterward.

    ReplyDelete