Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Halloween 2019

The night before Halloween Matt and Josh decided to carve pumpkins.  I always buy them but we don't always get around to carving :)  They did most of the work on their own...bless them!

That same evening Abby and I went shopping to put the finishing touches on her costume.
She had recently bought a blue sweater and based her subtle Cookie Monster costume around it.  She wanted a blue hat with eyes so we hit JoAnn and miraculously found a blue visor and the perfect furry blue fabric to cover it in.  We also found some cookie buttons to make earrings.

There were some open shape earrings on clearance so all we did was glue the button on...we didn't have to worry about trying to cut off the back.

Ben has been just about every one of his favorite characters for Halloween.
With Abby being Cookie Monster, my mind wandered to Grover.  Ben used to watch Sesame Street while he ate lunch when he was little and he loved Super Grover...he used to do the cutest little thing at the end of his theme song.  I think he's forgotten about that but he still recognizes Grover when he sees him so I thought we'd give it a try.
Some blue sweats, a Grover t shirt, a cheap cape and helmet and we were set!
I didn't really expect to get a picture with the helmet on because I thought he wouldn't tolerate it beyond a couple of seconds so I was extremely pleased with these great shots!

























It's hard to see Cookie Monster's eyes but I felt like it all turned out pretty cute :)

























Abby gave Matt the idea of being a "Leaf Blower" and Josh decided to be a mirror image of himself...complete with his hair parted on the opposite side.
This was my kind of Halloween with super chill costumes :)


When  I bought this dress a couple of months ago Andy expressed his thoughts of it looking like a pioneer dress.  His opinion was agreed with by at least two other people so I texted him halloween morning and told him I was wearing a costume to the temple :)

Matt with some of his neighborhood friends when they came to our door...

Mom and Dad came over as usual and enjoyed dinner and festivities with us.



1 comment:

  1. Clever costumes--and those are great shots of Ben!
    We always enjoy chillin' at your house on Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete