Friday, January 10, 2020

December Crafting

Here are some pics of the process and (mostly) completion of my ornaments for the year...
They ended up taking a lot longer than I had thought but I ended up pleased with the product

I was worried they would seem a bit cheesy with the fake greenery but most people seemed to really like them.  The most asked question I received was how I got the picture on the cloth.  It was a stamp set I had ordered a year or two ago thinking I would use them on a different ornament but it ended up being perfect for this year.


I made 120.

I wish I would have gotten pictures of this process but we were so involved that I didn't stop to take any.  On Dec. 23rd, Mom, T, Abby and I made our first batch of all natural candles with wooden wicks.

This was a beeswax batch and we made two different scents.
Both batches ended up with sink holes down next to the wick (first picture below).  Later that night I warmed a few of them up in a pot of warm water (I ended up going downstairs and doing a puzzle and forgetting about them so it didn't really do much to fix the problem...bottom right picture)

























The next night at Mom and Dad's house I used Mom's heat gun to melt down the top and fill in the holes.  It seemed to work nicely.  It's been fun experimenting.  I'm hoping to get better at this and make a whole bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment