Monday, July 6, 2020

COVID Flowers

(Really these have nothing to do with COVID except for the time frame)

I can never resist taking pictures of the flowers blooming in my yard each year.  Here are some of my faves...

Beauty of Moscow lilac


Klehm's Bechtle Crab
This crab apple's blossoms are my favorite.  I searched specifically for this variety to plant in our yard.
It has trouble with disease every year but so far it has survived.  The boys took some pruning shears to it after it bloomed this spring and really whacked it down to almost nothing.  We'll see how it does next year :)


I don't know the name of this peony but it's one of my healthiest bushes.

Coral Charm peony.

pink oriental poppy

Obviously this one isn't in my garden but one of my many orchids produced, basically, a siamese twin bloom.  These two are connected at the back.

I've mentioned before that I help a friend out sometimes with her floral business.
My next door neighbor's oldest daughter was killed in a car accident and I was honored to be able to help with the funeral flowers.  It was my first time working on a standing and casket spray.  Quite a learning and sweet experience.


This is just an arrangement I made for a friend's birthday.

I love flowers!!!

1 comment:

  1. My Beauty of Moscow did not bloom this year. It is such a dainty pink--different from any other lilacs. I really missed it. Thanks for sharing your photos.
    That orchid bloom is crazy. Haven't seen that happen on any of mine, though I did have the one with a partial blossom inside another blossom.
    The funeral flower arrangements look beautiful. You did just kind of find yourself in your dream situation with a florist neighbor that welcomes your help. :)

    ReplyDelete