Monday, August 23, 2021

Ben's 12th Birthday

 Yes, I'm going to be one of those moms and say "I can't believe my baby's 12!"

I caught him in the act of doing one of his favorite things on his big day...lining up his trains.





So happy!

That night we had a party in the backyard with my parents and brother and sister in lawqe...

Matt had gotten out the leaf blower and Ben was having fun trying to catch the ball that stayed in the air :)


We found a bakery in the valley that does sugar free/vegan/keto friendly treats.  Since that takes care of a bunch of family members we gave it a try...pretty good!




He enjoys being the center of attention :)


Showing us his shirt...


This picture is so sad to me because it used to be that any time he would see candles (or any fire for that matter) he would get excited and want to blow them out.  That used to be the best part of his birthdays for him.
However, the last couple of years he has become apathetic to them.  He doesn't get excited or try to blow them out any more...it makes me sad :(
Good thing he had plenty of helpers...

Talking to Aunt T...


Playing ball with Aunt T...


Present opening time...


Lots of help here too...








Andy imitating his birthday card and Ben sitting with "Bapa" and "O".


These are my favorite pics of the night :)

We sure love our Benji!  He is such a delight and a fun buddy!
These 12 years have been such a teacher to our family.
We have learned patience, faith and compassion...and we continue to learn them every single day :)
We're so grateful for our Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment