Monday, August 30, 2021

July Odds and Ends

We went down to Park City for a few days at the beginning of July for the first time in a year and a half.
Matt enjoyed driving the side-by-side around the block...

The kids did some interesting things in the waterfall...


Grandma had the kids paint some rocks to put in her garden...this was one of Abby's contributions...

And some breakfast shenanigans...


I wish I would have gotten some pictures of us actually doing them but a friend and I experimented with some girl baptism cookies.  Her daughter is getting baptized in September and she wants me to do some cookies for their guests.  She brought her oldest daughter over and we played with stenciling, watercolors and florals.


At the same time I had just finished up my first ever paid order.
My cute neighbor asked me to do baptism cookies for her son.
They were pretty fun!
I was mostly happy with how they turned out but need to work on my temples.




In other news...Josh got a job at Macey's!
He had gone in to interview for a cashier position but they asked him if he would be willing to work in the meat department.  He's such a good sport so he agreed to it.
Both pictures are from his first day.
My mom sent me the one on the left when she went shopping.
And then I had to make an emergency trip that evening...I peeked in the meat department as I passed it but didn't see him so I went about my business.  Lo and behold, I saw him in another part of the store coming back from a break :)
Isn't he cute :)!
After a few weeks there he admits it's definitely not the most glamorous job in the world but he enjoys the group of people with which he works...so that's fun.

We have been trying a new med for Ben the last couple of months.
It is called Epidiolex and is the first FDA approved CBD epilepsy drug if I am correct.
Still not sure if it is helping him yet but I thought this was funny...
We have to get it through a special pharmacy across the country so it arrived at our doorstep like this...

If we were to have obeyed the instructions for only the addressee to open it, we would still be waiting :)

And lastly, I wish I had more pictures of this night...
My brother, Jo's, in-laws were in town along with my sister, Angie, and other brother, James, so we all gathered with my parents and another one of Jo and T's friends in our backyard one night and had some pizza.  We broke out Kube and enjoyed a really pleasant evening together until the mosquitos came out.
Ben had a seizure right before this picture and Andy had to be gone to meetings most of the night but we enjoyed each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment