Wednesday, November 10, 2021

And then there was one...Carl

I have to admit, for years I have been looking forward to not having to worry about figuring out a costume for anyone for Halloween.  I naively assumed that would be when I no longer had kids in elementary school.  Well, I should have known that even though Ben doesn't know what's going on, I would feel compelled to dress him up since all the other kids in his life skills class would probably be bedecked in costumes.
When this was confirmed with his teacher and I expressed my feelings of inadequacy in the costume department she said that she and her aides thought it would be fun if Ben dressed up as Carl from UP and they could put balloons on his wheelchair.  Apparently this had already been discussed between them so I said "Done!" (because half the battle is coming up with an idea) and they said they would bring the balloons :)
I knew keeping the glasses on would be a struggle and I couldn't find the right jacket for him but the rest of the costume came together okay.
Ben catches the bus so early that it was still dark outside trying to get pictures before he left.
Sorry for the amount of pics...it's just so hard to get a good one and in the mean time so many facial expressions are given :)




Andy was trying to help and get his glasses to stay on...
Ben had the squinty face while he waited :)

I sprayed his hair whitish...

Patiently waiting for the bus...



I asked his teacher to send me any pictures she was able to capture and she got a great one...glasses on and a smile :)!


They ended up tying the balloons to his belt loop which was cute :)

This was two days before halloween since it was on a Sunday this year.

Saturday evening my parents came over per tradition and Jo and T joined us as well.  Josh usually does most of the doorbell duty but Abby had a "social norms" assignment for psychology so she ended up answering the door multiple times and asking the trick or treaters for candy :)

We watched The Muppets Haunted Mansion and had a grand old time.

I don't know why I didn't take pictures but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Love this costume. And the shots of all his varied expressions--priceless.
    That last photo where the balloons are hooked to his belt turned out so well. :)

    ReplyDelete