Monday, February 27, 2023

Christmas Day 2022

Christmas on the Sabbath this year!
With church at 10:30 we decided we would wait to open gifts until after.
Abby and Matt wanted to change back into their jammies for the experience though :)

I always post way too many pictures of Christmas morning so either skip along or bear with me :)






I'm not always great with surprises when as the kids have gotten older but Abby got some Audubon bird plates and Matt got some climbing gear. 



The one thing that I was excited to surprise Andy with this year was some body wash that he had really enjoyed when we went to our friends' cabin in the fall.  It was super hard to find so I snatched up some small bottles that I could find and packed them away until Christmas.  Well, Andy researched on his own and found out it had changed names and had easily found multiple large bottles and purchased them for me to give him :)

This often happens Christmas morning with Ben...






Andy being surprised by a super bright headlamp his parents gave him...



Trying out the skull shaver he got...



Abby was super excited to give a gift to the fam!
Matt was in charge of opening up the box...

...and the next box...and the next...




It turned out to be a Nebraska corn shot glass!
She got such a kick out of it!
When she was returning from DC they had to make an emergency landing in Omaha (for a medical emergency I believe) and they had to get off the plane so they roamed the airport for a while.  She had the idea then to give us all this little beauty so we could put it in a glass cabinet or something in our addition :)



She really did think she was pretty clever :)




We went over to my parents for brunch and games later on.
Ben was exhausted!

Then we drove to Park City that evening.
We were blessed to be safe from what I thought was a drunk driver...someone was seriously swerving in and out of lanes.  We were in sight of them but tried to keep our distance after a close call for about 15 minutes.  It was pretty scary!
The next several pictures are from our stay the next few days at Merill and Nancy's house.
This is a shot of when we forced Nancy to sit down and be the very first one to eat at dinner :)
She always is the last (as is my mom) and is always making sure everyone else has what they need.

When Josh called he got to talk to his missionary cousin Jake who was doing home MTC.
That was so great for both of them I think.

Lots of puzzles were done!
And thank goodness that Lynn is good about taking pictures and sharing them with me :)

And of course, lots of games :)




Love these Bryans :)
Right before we left Matt and Abby played this ring toss game and we all participated in one of the new games everyone was given...pop darts...pretty fun.  Matt and I have played it quite a bit the last couple of weeks.



1 comment:

  1. I loved being able to enjoy Christmas with you. Great shots of the kids at the top.
    Abby in the cow print is a hoot. Seeing her laugh in the background as Matt unwrapped the shot glass is pretty funny. I really got a kick out of Matt doing the ring toss from the stair landing.

    ReplyDelete