Friday, February 23, 2024

Matt Turns 17!


Matt had a suave birthday :)


We gathered for a few quick moments at the house that Andy had between work things.
Josh and Abby were able to hop on a call at the same time as well.




After Andy went back to work and the other kids got off the call, I gave Matt one more gift.
I had debated with myself, prayed and sweated over this decision but I felt good about finally letting Matt end his piano career.
I gave him a letter describing my intentions and he was...stunned...
he kept asking if I was serious and if I meant he could be completely done.

When he understood that I hoped he wouldn't NEVER touch the piano again but I would not force lessons and practicing upon him anymore, he came and gave me a big hug.  He even said that that was a better gift than an iPhone which is what he was really hoping for.
He tried to describe the relief and the burden that had been lifted off of his shoulders.

He was very grateful!

Sunday evening celebration at the dome...





Happy birthday my Matt!
I love you to pieces!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment