We've been due for a new Washer/Dryer for a while. Our Dryer has been held together with glue for the last several months. So, on President's day Andy and I went shopping. A few days later, our new set was delivered. It takes up quite a bit more room than our old set. It really bothered me at first that it stuck out into the room so far but I am getting used to it.
I tried to clean up the room and change things a bit. I must say before I post the pictures that I am a collector of bees. I don't know what it is about them but I've always been fascinated by them. I remember spending a lot of time in my mother's flower garden watching the big lazy "buffalo" bees (as we called them) hover over the open blooms. I would let them crawl onto my finger and I'd bring them close to my face and inspect them. Anyway, just a warning about the decor...
I love that I can tuck all the cleaning supplies down under the machines.
I was going to wait until I had everything all clean and spic and span to do this post, but let's be honest, when is my laundry room ever clean? Maybe for a few days every several months but most of the time it is my holding place for all my clutter...papers mostly. Therefore, I am deliberately leaving out pictures of the rest of the room.
I am pleased to give you a close up of something I made especially for the new look of the room. I was intrigued when I saw on Pinterest that you could print on fabric and burlap. I had to try it. I found the perfect free download (also on Pinterest) and went to town.
I then glued it to some fabric and placed it in a frame. I'm happy with the result.
This is the third burlap project I've done in 3 months. I think I'm forming a crush. Except for the funny smell and the scratchy texture it's really a fun textile to work with.
I'm thoroughly enjoying my new laundry room. Now if I can just get it clean...