Friday, July 8, 2016

Memorial Day / Happy Birthday Andy!

This is my mom and her siblings at the grave of their great great grandmother on their dad's side.


These are the flowers that are blooming in my garden every year at this time...
A peony that was given to me by a friend called Chocolate Soldier...the flower, not the friend :)
It looks pretty red here but usually it is quite a deep burgandy, almost brownish.
And my pink lilac given to me by my mom.  I love it because it's unique and blooms later than the other lilacs so it's available to me on Memorial Day.

And these are some I WISH I had blooming in my garden.  My aunt has brought these the last two years but she buys them from a florist.  The first time I saw them I had to get my hands on some so I immediately placed an order for "Coral Charm" which I'm pretty sure is the same thing.
It came last fall and I planted it along with another one I found stunning, "Sorbet".
This spring, only one of them bloomed and it didn't look anything like either that I was expecting :(
So, I was pretty disappointed, but not enough to try and work it out with the company from which I ordered.  I'll wait until next year when hopefully the other one blooms too and see which one I'm missing :)

Ben hanging out in the shade

Abby and Josh at my Grandpa's grave

Afterward, at the park, the boys played some disc golf...


and Grandpa played with Ben of course.  Honestly, all he needs is a ball to keep him happy most of the time.  We've taken to just keeping one in the car so we will always have one with us.



Memorial Day was also Andy's B-day.
I brought a cake to the park and had everyone sing to him (I didn't get any pics though).

Then, later at home we gave him gifts

One of which was a hat that didn't fit him.
He has such a small head that he usually can't wear regular men's hats.
I sent it back and got a Youth size and it's just about right.

We love this husband and dad of ours!
He's a good man and we are blessed to have him in our lives!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you end up with a peony that looks something close to that one. It is gorgeous.
    Andy is a good man and we are lucky to have him in the family.

    ReplyDelete