Monday, November 13, 2017

Walk A Thon/ Arrow of Light/ Humphers

This was our elementary school's annual Walk-a-Thon...
In case you can't tell, Ben's the one wearing the helmet :)
Incidentally, we recently had him measured for a new one.  This one has become quite tight on him.  At least that means he is growing.  Most people think he's in kindergarten because of his small size.
 I think he loved having the freedom to run around.  His teacher said the first day (these are pictures of the 2nd) each time he finished going around the track he would sign "more, more!"
I tried to keep myself hidden knowing that if he saw me he would stop walking.
With just a few more laps to go though, his teacher pointed me out to him and he had me carry him around the track :)

I got pictures of Matt before...

...and after, but forgot to take any while he was running.

                   Matt received his Arrow of Light and we are very proud of him for doing that.






And lastly, we lost our beloved Humphrey PokeArt on October 1st.
Josh was usually the one to make sure he had food and water every night but that night he was already in bed when he remembered so he asked Andy to do it for him.
Andy came upstairs and gently told me that he had died :(
We don't know what happened.
We're pretty sure he was only a little under three years old which is a bit under the life expectancy of a hedgehog.  He was always well fed and watered so we are kind of at a loss as to what the cause was.  He was a cute, albeit pokey pet and such a fun little critter to have around.
It was hard telling the kids.  We waited until the 3rd to tell them since Matt's birthday was the 2nd.  I think he took it the hardest.  We all loved him though and he has been and will continue to be missed.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing Ben out on the track!
    Matt's after photo is priceless, and what a good scout he is! Love that earnest face.
    I was very sorry to hear about Humphrey. What an interesting little fellow he was, and I felt he had really warmed up to your family, as much as a prickly little guy can.

    ReplyDelete