Thursday, December 7, 2017

My Little Barn Quilts

I've been enjoying painting barn quilt blocks lately!

They're fun size :)

I start by measuring and marking the board and then bit by bit, tape off and paint the sections.


This one was made for a dear friend/neighbor's birthday...



This one was painted specifically for my mom.
I wanted to make one to remind her of the total solar eclipse this summer.  She had an awesome experience viewing it and recently made some eclipse quilt blocks.
You can see those here on her blog.


And then I just made this one a week or two ago for another friend's birthday...



I enjoy playing around with the designs and color combinations.
I'm finding out that the more contrast between the colors there is, the better.

1 comment:

  1. You do a beautiful job, Aimee. I love mine, but am hesitant to send it out in the cold to live on the shed. :)
    That last one is a very cute size.

    ReplyDelete