Saturday, June 23, 2018

Memorial Day 2018

Sunday evening I took the kids up and visited Grandpa and Grandma O's graves



Monday morning I took Josh and Matt up to the Avon and Paradise cemeteries with the Kidd side of the family.
Andy had had little sleep the night before, Ben was still sleeping and Abby was taking forever to get ready so I left them all at home.

The crew...
Kind of small this year.

Mom imitating the facial expression of one of our ancestors...

Matt hanging out in a tree in Paradise

Before our picnic in the park, we stopped by the house, dropped off Matt who was feeling sick and picked up Ben and Abby (who was finally ready :)...love you Abs!

Grandpa feeding Ben

Ben is always happy while sitting next to 'Bapa'

Josh played frisbee golf with all the guys


That afternoon, after we got home, I went out to plant a bunch of flowers and the most glorious thunder storm rolled in!
It was amazing!  
The thunder was just a constant rumbling...hardly ever a break for at least 15-20 minutes.
I kept on planting and the kids went out to play spike ball in the rain.

That evening we watched Coco.  
What a perfect movie for Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Nice photos at the Olsen graves.
    It is scary how well I imitated that dear ancestor's look!!
    I was planting in that storm, too, I believe. We got hail for a bit--and then the thunder was too close, so I went in. :)

    ReplyDelete