Saturday, June 23, 2018

T's Bridal Shower

I was excited to throw a shower for my cute sister in law to be!


She loves poppies so that was the theme.
I found several great tutorials online of how to make crepe paper poppies.
I kind of combined a few and tweaked some things to make it work for me.
It was a lot of fun!


The hardest part was figuring out the fringe in the middle and I'm still not completely happy with how those turned out but it was okay :)

I painted a poppy banner...


I had these 3'x4' posters printed at Sam's to use to decorate for their wedding dinner but I figured I might as well use them for the shower too and get some more mileage out of them...

And I wish I would have gotten more pictures but my mind was on other things.

My aunt Norma, in the middle below, helped by coordinating all the food.  
Super helpful and awesome :)



I had a few things planned as far as games/activities...
The two moms helped by submitting fun facts about the bride and groom and guests had to guess who they were describing.

Also, while we ate, Abby and my cousin Sarah and I shared the results of the 'how well do the bride and groom really know each other' kind of activity.
I had asked them in advance their answers to and how they thought the other would answer about 15 questions about anything ranging from impressions of when they first met, childhood facts, favorites and their goals for the future.  Most of them they were spot on but there were just a few that they both struggled answering for themselves and each other :)


Here is T inspecting Jo's mission quilt that Mom made and saved to give to him until he had a wife to take proper care of it :)

Mom was very kind in letting us hold the shower in her home. She also donated some of her handmade soap and put together these cute bags for all the guests as a 'thanks for coming' gift.

I just love this darling picture of T and her mom!

T, her mom Jen and her friend from art school, Jenna

I am really not loving this picture of me but I had to include one of me and the bride to be :)
It was a fun evening and I'm so grateful to all those that helped pull it together and to those that came and supported our family in this exciting time :)!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did an absolutely amazing job, my dear! It was a lovely shower--very fun. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I can't believe all the work you did!

    ReplyDelete