Monday, January 14, 2019

Park City Post Christmas

I really slacked off on the pictures in Park City!
Here are a few of my favorite trees lit up in the area...



Some of the girls...

When we arrived, we were told to look for white rabbits during our stay...that they had been showing up lately.  I was excited and often looked out the window to see if I could find one.
As I was packing up the car at dusk, getting ready to leave a few days later, I noticed two out in front of the house.



Each trip out to the car they were still there, seemingly undisturbed by my presence...
They were so pretty, it was almost a magical kind of moment.


Some of the grandkids after playing hat bingo.

Our favorite things this year...
It was actually quite hilarious because for part of my gift, I had small jars of Crio Bru, which is just straight cocoa grounds that you brew like you would coffee.  I was introduced to it in the fall and have ended up loving it and preferring it to hot chocolate.  Anyway, I was kind of not sure what to do because I wanted to include it in my favorite things but didn't want to have to buy a french press (which is what I use to make it) for everyone...especially since probably not everyone was going to enjoy it.  I seriously contemplated buying mini presses and having them shipped last minute to Park City but I was worried they wouldn't be very good quality and wouldn't work well so I ended up not buying any.
As my sister in law Becky is beginning her "presentation" she pulls out a french press!...and then proceeds to show Crio Bru!  It was crazy!  We've never had a double up in favorite things before.
Over in the kitchen, before we had started, I had asked Andy to get some ready so people could try it. As he's heating the water, Becky's husband asks Andy if he's doing that for Becky...anyway, their conversation continued until they figured out we would both be sharing Crio Bru.
Becky and I were blown away when we realized what was happening...neither of us having any idea that the other one even knew about it.
Anyway, I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than it was, but needless to say, I was relieved that Becky had bought a french press for everyone and she was happy that I had brought mine from home with some Crio Bru to share because she had wanted to do that but hadn't.
The rest of my favorite things I gave were my ornaments (always part of my gift) and sock docks...seriously a favorite thing of mine when doing laundry.

1 comment:

  1. The rabbits do look like they are in some kind of fantasy setting.
    Okay, I just learned about Crio Bru at my quilt retreat. Why haven't you said anything about it?
    There is a tea shop next to the Quilt shop in Brigham and she told us about the French Press. I went to the shop and bought one and some herbal teas. She also talked about the Crio Bru, but said it wasn't to everyone's liking, so I didn't dare get it. Now I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete