Monday, January 14, 2019

Christmas 2018

Christmas Eve we invited everyone to come to our house.
We ate dinner and then I talked Andy into letting me open one of my gifts a little early.
It's a "game" called Hygge.
Hygge is actually a Danish word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment. (Wikipedia)
There's all kinds of stuff out there about it and with our Danish heritage I have kind of gotten into it.
I asked Andy for a Hygge book and this game.
It's really not a game, but more just thoughtful questions that you go around and answer.  It gets good conversation flowing and you learn things about loved ones that you may not otherwise have known.  



So we "played" that game for quite a while and then spent some time on other games and Christmas movies.  It was a very pleasant evening.

The kids aren't getting up as early as they used to on Christmas morning...which is nice, but also a little sad :(










Ben, as usual, was not interested in opening gifts but wanted to play with his iPad and the birds decorating the mantle...
His little friend Jace, from primary, was so excited to bring Ben a Christmas present a few days prior.
We "helped" him open it up and he was happy to see a new McQueen to add to his collection.
It was the perfect gift :)




The boys got a nintendo switch for their main gift...

And Abby just asked for a bunch of hoodies...















I reopened this gift :)



Some Christmas loves from Ben...





I had bought some ugly Christmas sweaters for our Christmas card but they ended up being some favorites throughout the season.


The boys playing their new switch...


My dad requested that we all send family pictures that morning.
Andy suggested we all hop on our brand new incline trainer and do an awkward family photo...


My mom has worked super hard for the last many years putting together my grandpa Kidd's history.
This year for Christmas, she had it printed and gave one to us and each of the kids.
So special!  I am loving reading it and getting to know Grandpa better.  We miss him and love him!

I had to throw this in...
something fun that came home from school :)




We spent some time at my parents' house...eating, playing games etc...





This is a picture of Matt singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...together"!
Poor guy has had this expander in that has made a gaping gap between his two front teeth and he is anxious to get rid of it :)

James came over that evening and played the switch with the kids...


Andy and I played one of our new games...not sure what to expect from it but ended up really enjoying it!
It was a fun, pleasant, happy Christmas.
So glad no one was sick this year and that we were able to enjoy each other's company!


1 comment:

  1. Even though your kids are getting up a little later on Christmas, the fact that there are kids in the house makes your Christmas a whole lot more exciting than ours. Well, we did have James here, and that was fun. :)
    The ugly Christmas sweaters are incredible, and we loved your awkward family photo.

    ReplyDelete