Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hawaii Day 1

At the airport...on the way to Hawaii!
I thought I got more shots of us...maybe I was just too stressed to make sure we actually got to our destination to think much about pictures :)

Well, the flight went well...except for Matt getting sick and Ben needing a diaper change in the tiny restroom and then him and Andy getting stuck behind the beverage/snack cart and not being able to get back to our seats for a while.
Ben was so good though.  He got a bit antsy the last hour or so but he was seriously a good sport.
We were all relieved to finally arrive.
We had a little hiccup as we were trying to leave the airport.  I couldn't get into my "safe travels Hawaii" account to prove my negative COVID results.  After a while of stressing out and trying different things I finally realized I had to log in a different way.
I had been so determined to make everything go smoothly by being super prepared but oh well, we made it and that is what matters :)

After getting our rental car and driving for quite a while up the center of Oahu, (and stopping on the side of the road so Matt could try and get a reprieve from his motion sickness) we arrived on the North Shore.
Driving through the cute, little town of Haleiwa, we decided to stop for dinner at Teddy's Bigger Burgers.
(Just as a heads up, we didn't get too adventurous with our eating while in Hawaii)





After enjoying our dinner we drove to a grocery store.  The kids and I enjoyed a beautiful sunset from the car while Andy did our shopping for us.  Then on to our condo...
It was super cute and colorful which was fun and what drew us to it online.

We were all pretty tired...




But we all found our beds and settled in for the night :)


2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this one.
    Glad the flight went well for Ben.
    I like the look of your condo--especially Matt's loft bed. Was he the only one up that high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he had the loft to himself :)

    ReplyDelete