Saturday, July 17, 2021

May Odds and Ends

Here is a corsage/boutonniere set that I made with calla lilies that I rather liked...
I think it was for Senior Ball...

...which they held the same weekend as Mother's Day!
Flowers with Laura were crazy for a few days there!!!
One man ordered a gardenia corsage for his wife.  Laura had never dealt with gardenias so she had me experiment and make a few...

They sure were smelly :)


If you look closely, these two pictures are different...he's smiling in the second one :)

This was the first Sunday we were back at my parents house for dinner since COVID.  It had been about 14 months since we had had the privilege.

Josh trying to get Matt to cooperate for the picture...





this is from a Sunday a couple of weeks later...

I had to include this picture...
When Josh was born Grandpa O. gave this Christmas cactus to me.  He said it was a manly plant :)
I have kept it alive all these years but I don't know that it's bloomed since Josh was born.  A friend (Connie Smith) initiated a playful contest to see who could get their cactus to bloom first.  She had me move it to a different window and it must have done the trick!  Hers had bloomed sooner than mine but I felt like it was a win for me just to get it to bloom period!
I thought it very fitting that it should bloom for Josh's big month of his 18th b-day and graduation :)

The kids' piano teacher had a birthday and I thought it a good excuse to practice some more cookies...


Also, I made some for Ben's bus driver/aides...

...and teachers
This batch didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped but they worked well enough.


 The last day of school for Ben I got a text from a friend wondering if I had known about the 6th grade graduation walk.  I had not :(
I was so sad I had missed it but a sweet woman that I don't even know sent me some pictures she took of Ben and his wonderful aide Denise.  I was so grateful to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment