Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Flowers...and Flower Cookies

 Laura and I went out to a dahlia farm in Smithfield.  It was pretty cool!  I should have taken more pictures!  I was miserable though...that morning I had a sneezing attack that lasted for quite a while.  I thought it was just crazy allergies all of a sudden but by the end of the day I realized I was sick :(



We gathered a bucket full and the owner let us just take them since there had been a frost the night before and he didn't know how well they would hold up.

That weekend we had our most local high school's homecoming so we were swamped with orders.
We had our first order for a pocket boutonniere so Laura had me try it out...
It was actually pretty fun to make!

Here are some others that I did...



The bouquet Laura had me put together for her mother's birthday...

The kids were having a bake sale for their youth activity and I signed up to make cookies.
I took the opportunity to experiment with a couple of styles I had been wanting to try...palette knife and folk art flowers.
The bake sale ended up being cancelled but they were fun to make anyway :)





No comments:

Post a Comment