Wednesday, November 10, 2021

October Odds and Ends

This is my Emotional Resilience Class!
Back in September we started meeting every Tuesday and it has been such a blessing in my life!
These women are amazing!  The bonds we have formed in this class as we have laughed, cried and felt the spirit together are such a treasure to me.  They will be cherished forever.  And even though we only have one more class next week, our friendships will continue to grow and flourish.

Debi and I showed up as twinners one day :)

These pictures are terrible!  I wish I would have taken the time and effort to get better quality shots of this quilt but here they are anyway :)
I have been "working" on this quilt since we got our "new" couches about 2.5 years ago...yikes!
I found the perfect material to tie in the red and cotton theme I was going for on Ebay, pulled the rest of the fabrics together and basically let it sit.  I probably only put about 10 hours into this quilt total but those 10 hours spanned many months.
I am happy to say that it is finally finished though and has replaced the old quilt in our living room that was hardly big enough to cover one person.




Now, this one can cover three :)


 I probably shouldn't post these pictures because of the peer tutor sitting with Ben but I don't even know her name so I guess we're okay.
Ben's teacher sent these to me from their Disney day :)
I have seen the love Ben gets from his teachers and friends at school and let me just say that it brings me to tears.  They treat him so well and I can tell he loves them right back!

I wasn't going to do any Halloween cookies but last minute, I just had to jump in and do some.  I couldn't let a major holiday go by without experimenting :)
I didn't love how the pumpkins turned out :(...

The ghosts were super easy and fun...

And then I wanted to take the one shape of a candy corn and do as many things with it I could think of to fit the Halloween theme.  They turned out okay I guess.
I am finding that when I am not happy with a cookie set it is usually because I didn't take enough time to plan them out.
I did enjoy playing around with recipes though.  I found a great pumpkin spice cookie recipe that turned out super soft and I made the icing pumpkin spice as well.  It was probably too strong but fun nonetheless.


Matt was anxious to go in and try and get his driving permit.
The guy at the counter asked if he had studied for the test and when Matt said no he kind of gave him a hard time (in a friendly sort of way).  Matt explained that his older siblings hadn't really studied and they both passed so he was expecting to do the same.
He didn't end up passing the first try but he was successful the second time.
I have taken him out once so far and I must say he seems to have a natural feel for driving.  He knew more than I expected so I am hopeful that things continue to go smoothly for the next year as he gets his 40 hours in!

Speaking of Matt, it seems he saw fit to take a few selfies on my phone with a modified Le Croix box :)


1 comment:

  1. Didn't know you were in an Emotional Resilience class. All women? Is this through the ward? We were in the group that signed up for it, but the first round is being held on Sunday mornings, so we have opted to wait for the next sign-ups in the new year.
    Love how that quilt turned out. And you do have to have a quilt that will keep multiple people warm. I agree!
    Cute shots of Ben and the peer tutor.
    I think you were very clever with all of the cookies, but especially with the many ways you used the candy corn shape.
    Matt looks like Le Croixenstein.

    ReplyDelete