Wednesday, March 1, 2023

All State Art & Junior Prom


Abby's art teacher encouraged her to enter a piece into the Springville High School Art Show.
She sent in one of her bird pieces and found out a little while later that she had received an honorable mention award.
They had an awards ceremony down in Springville so Andy took her down while I held down the fort here and also did prom flowers at Laura's.

While doing flowers I noticed a bunch of texts from both Andy and Abby asking what my friend Karen's daughter's name is...
How cool is that, that out of 5 honorable mentions in our district, two of them were Abby and Aubrey!
Aubrey didn't go down that day because it was their girl's choice dance but when I texted Karen she said Aubrey was planning on going to the event at the capitol later in the month. (More on that later)
Abby receiving her award...


Abby and her friend Ellie who won a different award

The piece on the left is Ellie's and the one on the right is Aubrey's.
Very neat!  I'm so glad Abby and Andy went down and I wish I could have been there with them!


Meanwhile...back at the ranch...
Abby was going to be the chauffeur for Matt and Lindy for all their prom needs but because of her Art event Ben and I had the pleasure of driving them for their day date.  I had never met Lindy before.  She was super sweet.
We dropped them off at the bowling alley and then their friends brought them back here and Ben and I drove them back to Lindy's house.

Matt and his friend Gabe...

I was excited to do his first flowers for him but one of the other moms said she wanted to do everyone's flowers...so...what do ya do?




Abby was home in time to drive them to their pictures and then go to the dance herself. 





 
Matt's group's "professional pics"







Super cute!
I think they both had a lot of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment