Saturday, March 9, 2024

Ben Odds and Ends

This pic is from the bad episode at Thanksgiving that lasted more than a week so this must have been the tail end.  He would lean forward and just sit there like that unless we moved him back up and then he would slowly bend back over.
 
The beginning of December also marked Ben's first shave!

It definitely was time and he handled it like a champ!

We were given a new neurologist after our hospital visit.
I didn't know anything about this Dr but I knew we just needed to get one and hopefully if we ended up not liking this one we could switch to a different one.
Dr Kaur ended up being really nice!
She was a beautiful, young, Indian woman who seemed very interested in Ben and how he was doing and what we could do to help things improve for him.
She took her time with us and not too long after we started the visit Ben fell asleep in my arms.
We came away with a new plan for when Ben went into status again and feeling pretty good about our new doc.

I know this will seem silly, but before we left the hospital after our visit with Dr Kaur, I asked Andy if I could stop down in the gift shop.  During our visit in November, our room's window looked outside and then back into the hospital, directly down at the gift shop.  There was a sign that I could read that said it was closed but the grand reopening was that coming Monday...a couple of days after we were discharged.
I had been disappointed that I couldn't go down and visit and look at all the Christmas things.
So, I was happy to have the chance to do so when we were there a couple of weeks later.
I just loved this little Jim Shore Grinch ornament and bought it for Ben.

With our old pantry, Ben had a habit of, when told he couldn't have anymore goldfish crackers, taking his empty bowl in and depositing it on a shelf and then bringing some other item out and giving it to me.
Well, things didn't really change with the new pantry and this evening he found a bag of flour with a rip in it :(  He was pretty proud of himself!



No comments:

Post a Comment