Saturday, March 9, 2024

December Odds and Ends

 Matt had another improv show during Flex hour at school...




Andy was asked by a group at Utah State to present at an interfaith conference they  had.
It was definitely a point of stress for a few weeks but he did a fantastic job!


It was fun having Abby home for most of the month.
We spent some good time on puzzles :)

Bless Matt's heart!
We all came to the conclusion that Sir Thaddeus would be better off in a different home.
Matt wasn't able to give him the attention he deserved and it also made it awfully difficult for T to be a guest in our home since she is super allergic to rabbits.
He mentioned it in his friend group and one of the girls was very interested so after getting the go ahead from her parents Matt passed his pet off to her one evening early in December.

It was very big of him and I was so proud of how he handled it.

It seems he went to a good home :)

Mid month our fireplace brick came.  It was about the third attempt but this time it really happened.
They let me choose each brick and exactly where it would go.


I felt like the guys did a really god job and I was happy once the grout dried and lightened up considerably.

As with just about everything with this addition, things didn't go as planned and the brick that I had requested was not the brick that was ordered so we ended up mixing a couple of other bricks to try and come up with the same look.  I think it turned out pretty similar.

By the end of October I had to give up the idea of making an ornament to give away this year.
It was a hard conclusion to come to but it just wasn't going to happen.
I did end up making some Christmas caramel apples for some neighbors, and I also wanted to do something for Ben's teachers and the secretaries at the front desk that he says hi to every day when I take him in, so I made some cookies.




Sadly, this was about the extent of my Christmas creations this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment