I offered to help a friend with her wedding flowers.
It was so fun to plan what to order with her and to see her excitement when the flowers came in.
I hauled them all to the church kitchen and she and I worked on her bridal and throw while her parents worked on the bridesmaids bouquets and then we all worked on the bouts together.
I did the corsages on my own
I worked for about 6 hours on the luncheon centerpieces...I had them all lined up along the two tables at the shop and did them assembly line style.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of them all spread out when they were finished but the only one I took was with them all clumped together and ready to go out the door. There were 28 large ones and about a dozen small ones with just greenery.
The bride wanted only baby's breath and snapdragons for her bridesmaids...
All of the corsages and bouts together...
I got to do a big 4 foot spread for the head table at the luncheon. I did it in three sections.
This was the wedding of the Institute Student Council president and her vice president :)
What made it extra special is that the vice presidents parents met in my dad's YSA ward about 32-33 years ago. So it was fun to be at the reception that evening with my parents and reminisce a little.
I only had them pay for the flowers which ended up being $800.
It was a great learning experience.
I don't think I can do that again without charging anything though, no matter how good of a friend :)
I also decided maybe it's best to do flowers for events you are not attending personally...that way you just don't know what's going on and see all the things you want to change and fix (or what you do go to the trouble of fixing and then see it not used at all... like the bridal bouquet that sat in a bucket in the corner the whole evening after I came early with extra flowers to replace the fragile icelandic poppies that the bride was set on and looked super sad by reception time)
Anyway, like I said, it was a good learning experience in many respects!














No comments:
Post a Comment