Friday, November 16, 2018

A Tale of Two Gnome Quilts

Back in February or so I pinned a cute quilt pattern called "A Tale of 2 Gnomes".
I liked it but never thought I would get around to actually making it.
My sister saw it and texted me to tell me how much she liked it.
Well, her birthday was coming up so I decided to go for it!

I had fun picking out fabric for it and went right to work.

I don't think I had ever done a quilt pattern with templates before so that was new and exciting :)






I was so pleased that it actually came together without many issues.

I quilted it in what I am calling my "Random Raindrop" pattern, got it bound and sent off to my sister (just a month or so late for her birthday :)








When I was buying fabric for my sister's quilt I kind of thought I would want to make one for myself as well so bought plenty of everything.  Finally, just this week I finished mine up.  Took me forever but I'm glad I did it!

I changed up the mushrooms so they were red and more toadstoolish looking.

And where Angie's was more of a cream background/sashing, mine is grey.

For the quilting on mine I decided to get crazy and did what I am going to call my "Fancy Random Raindrops"  I like to think of my little gnomes out in a rainy forest :)



Here are the two side by side for comparison.
Super fun! (but I don't think I want to make a 3rd...at least for a long time)




1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the two completions. I applaud you. I often have a hard time making a pattern over again. And I have even slept under the first one in its Oregon home.
    Such a cute pattern.
    And I like to think of your raindrops on the second one as "enhanced". :)

    ReplyDelete