Friday, November 9, 2018

Massachusetts Part 5

Sunday morning I found wild turkeys on the lawn...
and Angie left us to go home :(



I don't really have many pictures of Sunday but we went to church in Pittsfield.
I had the strongest impression to bare my testimony...I didn't want to but it was undeniable so I did.

After church I think I read in my pretty little room and took a nap.
That evening we went over to the Birrells for a meal of leftovers and games.
It was nice and relaxed.  T and her brother and sister-in-law had all flown home earlier as well so our numbers were diminished...but we had fun anyway :)

I took these pictures later that evening when James was trying to learn how to floss and then taught Jo everything he knew.
I was it this night or the one before when we were all in the kitchen and Mom gasped and pointed to a cute little mouse in front of the sink.  He barely moved when we tried to scare him away so we think he must have gotten into some poison or something and was barely alive.  Dad took care of him :(





Monday morning as we were packing and cleaning up I had to step out my back door and say farewell to my hydrangeas...



T had told us that one of her favorite places to eat in her little town was Haven cafe so we went there for lunch...

this was James' carrot cake...check out the depth of that frosting!

My hot chocolate...

...and veggie burrito with a yummy side of fries.
I think I will forever be getting a side of fries with all my meals :)



This was a beautiful old church we saw on our way to...



...the Guid's for the last time.
That place truly was a highlight of our trip!

It was such a beautiful drive to the airport!
The day was gray and drizzly.
I really loved all the tiny, crumbling cemeteries we passed by...there were so many.
On his way to take Angie to the airport, James had spied this covered bridge so we made sure we stopped and checked it out...








Late afternoon we started our long journey home.
It was quite a long day but we made it home safe and sound.
Dad dropped me off at my front door at ten minutes to two in the morning.

What a wonderful experience...one I will always treasure!
If I could make Utah look like the East as far as greenery and such, I would...but I would have to keep our mountains too, so basically, I want Switzerland :)

And that is the end of my Massachusetts story!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures of the guys doing the zipper reminded me that at the Piano Guys concert last night Jon Schmidt did it for a bit. He got dancing and it was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete