Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Solo Wedding Flowers and Caramel Apples

So my friend that I occasionally help do flowers with asked me a while ago if  I would want to do a wedding all by myself.  She had an order that was potentially going to be placed while she and her family were out of town but she thought I could do it so I agreed.
I was both excited and nervous!

I kept calling and texting Laura to make sure I was doing everything right...
Once I got in the rhythm though things went smoothly and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

This is the bridal bouquet...


Then I did a few corsages and boutonnieres...






I also put together vases for the tables and cake flowers.
I was really nervous that when they were picked up the next day the mother would not be happy with something but she was very kind (at least to my face) and said she loved them :)
Super, super fun stuff!  I love working with flowers and was really happy that Laura trusted me enough to do this wedding on my own!


I also scrambled to get my caramel apples made before Andy's boss came to visit his student teachers.
Making them for him and the teachers was how this tradition came to be three years ago so even though I had just done the wedding flowers and was still recovering from our trip I was able to sneak this in somehow :)



I think I made about 34 total between 2 batches this year.
It's always a lot of work but very rewarding too...I enjoy giving them away to friends and neighbors!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers look beautiful, Aimee. I am proud of you!
    And all the caramel apples, too--I don't know how you squeezed those in! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete