Friday, June 5, 2020

An Easter Surprise! (And Some Other Things)


My mom got making some masks and offered them to family members before donating them.  She was so thoughtful to make a couple of cute, fun ones for her youngest grandkids.
Ben got a "Go-Go" one and actually let me try it on him without a fuss.

As our gym closed my workout friends and I got creative to keep in touch.
Karen started it by having us all send our wedding pictures to each other through our group text.
That was super fun to see!
Then, Jennie suggested we take turns issuing challenges to each other each day.
Some of them included: writing a thank you card to someone and sending it, taking a walk and waving to everyone you saw, creating a time capsule with your family, organizing/dejunking an area and painting finger/toenails a favorite color.
It was a fun way to keep sane during the quarantine.

One night I came into the living room for scripture study and prayer and I found my boys like this...

Another fun all boy pic...

With the order to stay home and resulting free time I finally got around to making my barn quilt!
I received the wood kit for my birthday in 2018.  I asked Andy to put it together for me for Christmas 2018.  Then it sat around for over a year while I tried to decide on a design and colors.  As a matter of fact, Andy put it back under the tree for Christmas 2019 since I hadn't done anything with it yet.
I finally decided to go for a classic design and very minimal and neutral colors.

Andy was so kind to hang it for me once it was done.
I love how it turned out!


Abby's Young Women leaders are so awesome!  They did many things to stay in touch with the girls and let them know they were thinking of them.
This was one of my faves...

On Easter Sunday we received a surprise visit!
Jo and T showed up on our doorstep.  They had hid Easter candy around the front yard and had the kids come out and hunt for it...





It was the cutest thing :)

This was the best we could do with social distancing.

The week after Easter the kids made some cookies for their young women young men leaders while wearing their masks :)...cuties!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet Ben in his Go-Go mask--and the kids making cookies in their masks. LOL Love it.
    It almost looks like all the guys are trying to find something under the couch.
    Your barn quilt turned out great!
    That was very fun of Jo and T to do the candy hunt in your yard, while keeping properly distanced, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete